All those suffering from some unwanted hair on their body always keep looking at how they can remove the hairs. There are two types of available options for such people: the temporary ones and the other one is permanent. In the temporary options, there are ways like waxing out the hairs or shave. But the backside of such options is that the person will see wild hair growth.
The other option that a person has is the laser removal of the hairs. This treatment is deemed to be a permanent way through which a person can get the unwanted hairs on their body removed. Moreover, it will provide the smooth and hair free skin that one is dreaming of form forever. Let us dive deep and know in detail what laser treatment is and how it works?
What is laser treatment?
We all know about a laser that it is an amplifier that amplifies all sorts of radiations so that one can use it for the benefit of humankind. Now when we talk about the laser treatment of hairs, then it is simply the treatment of removal of hairs in which beams of laser are electronically transmitted to the area where the person wants to see the removal results.
There are some special medically modified lasers used in this task so that it doesn’t harm human beings’ skin. To understand the process of removing hair, a person first has to understand the process of growth of hair, and then one needs to compare it with the removal process so that they will come to know that it is a permanent solution of hair removal.
Process of hair growth
When we look at the removal of hair, it is generally divided into three steps. Those three steps of growth of hair are:-
- The first stage is known as the anagen stage, which means the active stage of hair growth. In the active stage, the root of the hairs, that is, the follicles, gets attached to the skin’s dermis, and the reason for this attachment is nourishment through the blood. As they get nourished, it gets stronger and thicker, making their hold in the dermis stronger.
- The next is the catagen, which is also known as the transition phase of hair growth. In this, the follicle of hair dies and starts entering the catagen phase.
- The final stage is the telogen stage. In this phase, the hair bulbs that are attached to the skin becomes inactive. Due to this most of the people start to lose their hairs.
These are the three stages through which the hairs in the body of a human being grows and later on start falling. From this, we need to understand that the main reason the hair grows in the human body is the follicles. If a person can control these follicles, they can get over this issue of excessive hair growth.
How does the laser work as a hair remover?
The working of the laser is based on the conversion of the laser particles into the heat. These tasks are done with the help of the coloring pigment melanin that is present in our body. This darkening pigment absorbs all the light photons and converts them to heat. The heat starts affecting the hair follicles that are present in the roots. Now two situations happen here.
- If a person only affects the hair follicles, then the hair will be removed, but the effect will not be permanent. The reason behind this is that after a period of time, the follicles will get stronger, and they will again give rise to new hair. It means that the therapy you have taken is useful, but the results are not long lasting.
- The next situation will be that you give so much heat to the follicles that they cannot bear that. Due to that, the follicle will not only get damaged temporarily but will be destroyed permanently. The benefit of this is that it will never be repaired, and the results of hair removal will be forever. For making the results last permanently, a person has to take the therapy in which the temperature will be 70 degrees or more.
You should keep in mind some factors, and that is never to pluck the hairs before treatment. The reason behind this is that when there are dense hairs, then the pigments will be dense. The denser the pigments are, the more heat they will absorb. It means that the removal will be more effective if the hairs are dense and thick. The other one being that the colors of the hairs also matter when you are taking the treatment.
If the hair is of light color that is white, grey, or red, there is less pigment. It means that the absorption of the heat will be less, and treatment will be less effective. The final is the intensity of the laser that is required to be used. It will depend on the color of skin that a person has. If a person has a darker color, then the laser’s intensity will be less compared to the lighter skin tones that demand higher intensity of the laser treatment.
All those people who are looking for treatment should always know the ways that how it is working. In case you want to get more information about laser hair removal therapy, you should see it here. You will get in detailed insights into the therapy here.