It may be quite difficult for the current generation to understand the value of hard work and dedication, but nevertheless, it cannot be denied that times have indeed changed for better in some cases and worst in others.
Today’s children are such that they don’t like being told off or ordered around by anyone and therefore act in a rebellious and militant manner which has become a problem for most parents as they have to deal with their children’s tantrums everyday without any kind of respite in the offing.
Now, this point is quite debatable, as the children too have a right to share their side of the story and explain why they are behaving in such a manner. Is it entirely their own fault that they don’t listen to parents? Or the parents too are responsible for this harsh change in attitude of their kids?
Well, to put it simply, both are equally responsible for their respective behaviors towards each other and it is something that only they can work out, which they do with the passage of time as they finally come to an understanding and put their cold war to rest.
One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the parents of today were also kids once upon a time. They too had to go through the same issues with their parents and it is quite obvious that they too would have behaved in a similar manner, whatever story that they tell their children.
There is nothing wrong in admitting this fact as all kids are the same at that age and only attain maturity level after a certain period of time, following which they become more responsible towards life and eventually repay all the kindness and gratitude of their parents by taking care of them in their old age.
The children, today are quite clever and intelligent and have the capacity to thing way ahead of their times due digital media being so rampant throughout the world and which they have used it to their advantage by creating numerous job opportunities for themselves and following their passion at the same time.
They do so because they have turned their passion into their career and have therefore become successful in life and made their parents quite proud, who, at one point, were worried sick about their future and what it holds for them.
One such profession, outside the digital medium, is that of cooking. What is there to talk about cooking? Why is it so important? How can it prove to be a successful career, especially for men?
The answer to these questions can be easily argued and replied to as those days are gone when cookery was thought to be only for domestic housewives. Gone are the times when men looked down upon it and considered to be a worthless profession that was far below their dignity and honor.
Today, you can find men who are experts in the kitchen and where women no longer have the monopoly anymore. Today, both men and women, are quite adept at cooking and work together in harmony, be it at home or at restaurants.
The hotel management course has been added to the educational curriculum of the federal government of all nations so that all individuals who are interested in cooking can grab the opportunity and work wonders by becoming master chefs, which has turned from being a mere art to a booming business where today you can find innumerable food chains across the world of international repute.
When talking about cooking, is it possible not to mention about knives? While utensils and cutlery too play an important part, the spoons, knives and forks, are quite essential to mention as they are considered to be the weapon of any expert chef who wants to prove his mettle in the kitchen.
While all of the above items are important, it is the knife that has an edge as it is the main tool that is used for cutting, chopping and crushing various items right from sealed packets to raw vegetables and eateries that are used for converting into mouth watering delicacies through cooking.
Kitchen knife is the correct term for it as it is specifically designed for kitchen purposes only and which has the distinction of being called the best weapon of all cooks and chefs who utilize it to the hilt. But it can also prove to be dangerous in the wrong hands as it also has the capability of cutting and penetrating human flesh and we all know that won’t be a pleasant experience.
These knives are of different varieties and shapes designed for specific purposes that come under the category of cooking as it is quite a unique tool that stands out in this regard, whose worth and usefulness and be gauged from the fact that the knives are of various shapes and sizes.
Now, keep in mind that they are quite different from pocket and survival knives which are used for self defense purposes and may not be as varied as kitchen knives are, so it is important to compare them under different categories and parameters.
For any kitchen expert, he/she needs to have the knack of buying and using kitchen knives as per the set norms and conditions so therefore, we are going to talk about 10 tips that need to be kept in mind for buying and using kitchen knives.
They are as follows:
- A nice set of kitchen knives will prove to be quite cost effective which will make cooking food more interesting and easier than it appears. The chefs are quite particular about using the required knife for a specific task. The first point here is to see all the available options like shape, size, uses, types etc.
- The chef knife is the first preference for all chefs as it is useful for chopping vegetables and meat, which is most often used by shows in TV Shows like Masterchef Australia and also in cookery classes.
- There is a famous saying among chefs that goes like Knifedge.net-the world’s best knives as this website has all the knowledge and information about the best kitchen knives in existence and is therefore the most popular one among kitchen experts.
- While purchasing the paring knife, make sure that the edge is rather pointy which can be easy on the hand due to its small size. It is used for chopping fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, to name a few and whose blade is 8-10 cm in size
- Another important one is the serrated knife whose blade is rather long and thin and is easy on the bread
- When you are buying santoku knife, don’t mistake it for chef knife as they both have the same shape and uses so be sure to ask the manager. It is used for cutting vegetables into thin slices
- Carving knife is another one which is also called slicer as aside from being long and thin its tip is sharp and pointy. It is used for chopping slices of meat
- Filleting knife is the next one here as it is used for cutting fish so do consult an expert before trying it out as its easy on skin as well
- The price should be fixed while buying so always look for the best quality ones even if they are a little expensive as it will prove your money’s worth
- The kitchen knives should be quiet sharp, balancing, weighty and easy on the hands so don’t go for non durable ones