Many people know that human growth stops, usually when you pass the age of 20. The height that a human can reach when their growth stops is strongly connected to the genetic package that they get at birth. However, a person’s final height can be influenced by nutrition and the activities that you do. There are quite a few sports known as excellent ways to boost one’s growth, like swimming, cycling, jogging or volley. There is also a wide range of growing taller exercises. In this article I’m going to show a few of the grow taller exercises that helped me achieve the height I wanted, gaining my extra 4 inches.
Most of the grow taller exercises are based on stretching the arms, legs, and spine. The easiest ones, that can be performed even if you’re at home are also very effective and stimulative for growing taller. Joshua S. Rovner is a certified spine doctor that you can consult with if you have any problem with your spine or if you are facing difficulty in increasing your height. You will learn about the best exer
- The “Cobra” exercise. This is a stretching exercise that requires the one performing it to lie down on the floor, with palms under the shoulders, stretching the spinal column back as far as possible, raising the chin at the highest point. Each stretch must be maintained for up to 30 seconds.
- The “Bridge” exercise. Like the “Cobra” exercise, this is one of the grow taller exercises focused on the growth of the spinal column. Lying down on the floor with the knees bent and your feet close together, grab your ankles and raise your hips arching the spine a the highest point. This exercise affects especially the lower spine vertebrae. Repeat this for a few minutes, each repetition should last up to 10 seconds.
- The “Super Stretch” exercise. This is one of the grow taller exercises that can be performed randomly during a day, and you can do it wherever people don’t stare. You need to stretch your arms as long as you can, leaning backward slightly until you feel the lower spine expanding. It’s very easy and comfortable, and each stretch should last up to 10 seconds.
Other grow taller exercises require equipment. For example, all the hanging exercises require a horizontal bar. Here are a few grow taller exercises based on hanging.
- The Bar Hang exercise. This one is very simple. All you need to do is hold on to the bar, keeping your hands close together with the palms facing away from your body, keeping feet off the ground. This exercise stretches the whole skeleton, stimulating the arms, legs, and spine to grow. This exercise must be performed up to 30 minutes a week and if you want, to take it a little to extreme, you can add weights to your ankles.
- The Upside Down exercise. This exercise requires a horizontal bar with two-foot holding devices. All you need to do is fix your ankles into them and let your full body dragged down by gravity. The maximum stress for when performing this exercise is concentrated in the knees and stimulates your legs to grow. It’s best to do this 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes before going to bet if you have the possibility.
These are just a few grow taller exercises that I’ve been doing for a while to get the inches I needed. However, the links below will point you to a few other articles with more info about growing taller exercises.